Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Farith, interrupted



By : HIZREEN KAMAL

2009/06/15

Farith’s debut album Dinamik Cita dan Cinta, which has been five years in the making, is a reflection of his dogged determination to succeed in the music business. HIZREEN KAMAL writes.

HE may not be a well-known name in the local music scene just yet but that may well change when Farith Taib’s debut album entitled Dinamik Cita dan Cinta is released next month.

According to the 28-year-old, having his maiden effort out after a five-year wait is akin to finally receiving a stamp on his singing career passport.

“I’m excited as it is my childhood dream come true,” he said.

Farith admits to feeling “a little nervous and excited” at the same time.
With the long wait, many people would have just given up but not Farith.

“There was a time when I asked myself whether I wanted singing as a career. I was confused and needed someone to knock some sense into my head,” said Farith, the second of four siblings.

His deep passion for singing, however, pulled through.

Over the last five years, Farith worked at honing his vocal skills by trying his luck in two TV reality programmes.

In 2004, he entered Malaysian Idol (Season 1), aired over 8TV. However, he only managed to make it to the Wild Card round.

Undeterred, he took part in TV3’s Mentor (Season 2) in 2006. And it was on this show that the door of opportunity opened for him.

On the show, Farith was paired with singer/composer/vocal trainer Hazami, who acted as his mentor.

Farith learned a lot from Hazami, in terms of strengthening his vocal range.

Hazami saw the potential in Farith and offered him a recording deal as well as a place in his stable of new and talented artistes under Hazami Records.

Farith readily agreed, since he had always enjoyed and believed in Hazami’s work and music.

Hazami had many plans for him but they were stalled due to unforeseen circumstances.

“Of course I was a bit disappointed, but I knew that it was out of Hazami’s hands,” said Farith, refusing to divulge more details.

Meanwhile, Farith secured jobs to sing at various hotels in the Klang Valley.

“It has been a wonderful experience and I learned a thing or two about interaction with the audience and performing on stage.

“I am shy but the hotels stints have given me that extra confidence.”

Farith also worked as a back-up and vocal guide for new artistes.

Dinamik Cita dan Cinta features 10 tracks.

“Pop and ballad genres complement my vocals best, even though my influences are more R&B, such as Luther Vandross and Boyz II Men.”

Among the tracks are Merindu Cinta, Haruskah, Demi Cinta Indah Ini, Permainan Ini, Syair Puisi Sepi, Akan Setia, Pulang and Bawa Daku Pergi.

No comments:

Post a Comment